Do you work with infants, toddlers and or twos? It is amazing how quickly they can learn from their caregivers, their environment, and their experiences.
Our Infant Toddler Child Care Specialist Program offers you resources and support as you work with children from birth to age 3. Our Infant Toddler Child Care Specialists can offer visits onsite or virtually.
Our Infant Toddler Care Specialists can work with and support your program through:
- Environmental design for infants, toddlers, and twos that is focused on safety, space arrangement, and high-quality materials.
- Activity recommendations that are engaging, easy-to-implement, and developmentally appropriate.
- Transition strategies that reduce stress for you, your staff, and the children as they encounter new experiences and people.
- Developing relationships and communicating with your families.
- Planning daily routines that support positive-growth, socialization, and development.
- Positive Strategies for managing challenging/or disruptive behavior.
- Engagement strategies for building relationships and communications with families.
- Enhancing the quality of licensed centers and homes through carefully planned environments that promote optimal development and learning for children. Support, training, consultation and resources are offered to assist providers in understanding of quality improvement, as well as participating in ExceleRate Illinois
If you or your program are caring for children from birth to age 3, or are preparing to do so, contact the Infant Toddler Child Care Specialist program today by completing the form below. Illinois Action for Children’s Infant Toddler Child Care Specialists are available at no cost to you through our partnership with the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS).