Our program areas include public policy and advocacy, child care supports, early childhood education including Pre-K and Head Start, family and community engagement, and community building and organizing. We also administer the IDHS Illinois Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) for Cook County, helping more than 50,000 families pay for child care each month.
Illinois Action for Children offers a wide-range of career possibilities in multiple program areas including:
- Child care resources (for families and child care providers)
- Early childhood education
- Family and community engagement
- Public policy and advocacy
- Community building and organizing
- Organizational operations and support