Illinois Action for Children’s Associates Board is a volunteer group of socially conscious and motivated individuals, ages 25 through 45, who are committed to supporting the advancement of our mission to be a catalyst for organizing, developing and supporting strong families and powerful communities where children matter most.
The Associates Board will support the work of Illinois Action for Children by raising funds and awareness through hosting social events, campaigns and volunteer opportunities geared towards young professionals.
What does the Associates Board do?
- Host two signature events a year (Derby Fundraiser and Holiday Guest Bartending Event)
- Host two open-recruitment/networking events
- Participate in volunteer activities
- Be an ambassador for Illinois Action for Children
Criteria for Young Professionals
- Must be under 45 years of age
- Must work in, or have direct connection or reliable associations with, the corporate business environment
- Must commit to raising or donating a minimum of $250 a year
- Must serve in a leadership role at some point during each calendar year (manage a task, project or event, or serve as a leader)
- Must be available to attend at least 50% (5) of scheduled meetings
- Must be available to attend at least 50% (2) of all events
- Expected commitment of at least 2 calendar years