Illinois Action for Children makes data available for the purpose of providing services to child care professionals and families, assisting organizations to improve the lives of children and families, and contributing to research that improves public understanding of child care and early education. We release data only in a form that respects the privacy of child care providers and families.
Commonly requested Cook County Child Care and Census data are available on our website free of charge.
Any data request for areas either outside of Cook County or both inside and outside of Cook County should be directed to the Illinois Network of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (INCCRRA). INCCRRA data policies and procedures can be found here.
Illinois Action for Children reserves the right to deny any requests. Our databases are confidential and individual names or addresses will not be released.
Our data include:
- Types of care parents are searching for and problems they experience finding care.
- Child care programs in Cook County, including program capacity, rates charged and ages served.
- The number of families and children using Illinois Child Care Assistance.
- Census data. Commonly requested Census Data are posted on our website free of charge.
- Mailing labels for providers listed on Illinois Action for Children’s referral database. Labels are not available for the purpose of solicitation. Please enclose a copy of materials being sent to providers with your Data Request Form.
Fees for Service
Upon request of data services you will be charged a nominal service fee to help defray costs associated with providing data or mailing labels. Upon receipt of your request, Illinois Action for Children staff will evaluate and estimate the time required to fulfill your request. Please see the price list below:
Statistical Data Requests: Requests for data that are not already compiled and posted on our website will be assessed at $50.00 per hour, with a one hour minimum. Discounts may be given to child care providers.
Mailing Labels: All mailing labels are sorted by zip code unless otherwise specified. For additional sorting please add $10.00 per sort request. (Example: by type of provider)
Set-Up Fee: $40.00 (includes shipping & handling)
Per 1000 Labels: $15.00 per set (includes sets of fewer than 1,000)