Health and Safety Improvement Funds
Funds Are Available for Making Health and Safety Improvements to License-Exempt Child Care Programs Participating in the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)!
The Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) has made Health and Safety Improvement grants available to license-exempt child care providers who participate in CCAP. The funds can be used to purchase items that will improve safety in your child care facility. Priority will be given to license-exempt providers whose applications are supported by a Health & Safety Monitoring Visit.
NOTE: You must agree to a minimum of one (1) scheduled, on-site visit by one of IAFCs License-Exempt Monitors in addition to the monitoring visit.
Applications are due Friday, May 3, 2019.
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION The application includes the self-assessment form and complete details on requirements and process.
MAIL COMPLETED APPLICATION AND SUPPORT MATERIALS TO:
Illinois Action for Children
4753 N. Broadway St., Ste. 1200
Chicago, IL 60640
WHAT’S ALLOWED (partial list):
Items requested must relate to the results of the LE Health & Safety Monitoring visit or the results of your self-assessment.
WHO CAN APPLY:
- LE provider that meet the definition of a LEFCC or LECCC (noted in the application)
- LE provider that currently provide care for at least one child receiving assistance from the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) CCAP
- LE provider that are fully or provisionally qualified as a CCAP provider
- LE provider that has a Corrective Action Plan from a Health & Safety Visit OR has completed the self-assessment (included in the application)
- LE provider who are members of the Gateways Registry
- LE provider providing care in Cook County
- LE provider with no unpaid financial obligation to CCR&R or to IDHS Office of Early Childhood – Bureau of Subsidy Management/Quality Initiatives
WHAT IS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Complete details are provided in the application.
- Gateways to Registry ID#
- CCMS Provider ID#
- A copy of the CCAP Health & Safety Monitoring Visit Corrective Action Plan or the Self-Assessment (included in the application)
- A completed W9
DOWNLOAD A W9 FORM
- A copy of your CCAP Training Requirements Report. For LE Centers, this includes all staff.
WHAT IS THE GRANT AMOUNT:
- LE Child Care Centers………………………………………..up to $500
- LEFCC providers providing care in their own home……up to $300
- LEFCC providers providing care in the child’s home…..up to $150
Please see the application for complete details and instructions.
For questions, please contact: Jacqueline Melendez or call 773.564.8756.