Child care providers often seek assistance and resources to improve the Quality of Care of their program or home care environment. Quality Specialists act as a resource to connect providers to information and opportunities related to Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and ExceleRate Illinois. Quality Specialists consult with providers to help with understanding the current ExceleRate standards, provide knowledge on best practices and policies, and act as liason between child care providers and their community partner area. Quality Specialists offer site visits, training sessions, and Quality Improvement Cohorts that assist providers with furthering their own knowledge of the Environment Rating Scales and general best practices for young children.
Our Quality Specialists can provide:
- Environmental Rating Scale instruction and coaching, such as room arrangement and observations of the environment
- Assessment, screening, and curriculum guidance
- Policy, procedure, and contract recommendations
- Documentation review for the Program Administration Scale
- Documentation review for the Business Administration Scale
- Mentoring and role modeling interaction
- Continuous Quality Improvement
The team is also able to provide the following training topics:
- ExceleRate Illinois Orientation
- An Introduction to the Environment Rating Scale & Family Child Care Rating Scale
Illinois Action for Children’s Quality Specialists are available at no cost to you through our partnership with the Illinois Department of Human Services. Please complete the form below to get in touch with one of our Quality Specialists.