Do you work with infants or toddlers? It is amazing how quickly they can learn from their caregivers, their environment, and their experiences.
Our Infant/Toddler Child Care Specialist Program offers you training and support as you work with children from birth to age 3.
Our specialists can work with and support child care providers by helping:
- Design environments for infants and toddlers (safety, space & materials)
- Create activities for infants and toddlers that support development
- Ease transitions (e.g., drop off and pick-up time)
- Develop relationships and communicate with your families
- Staff development or services for Infant-Toddler teachers in centers
- Reinforce Positive discipline and challenging behaviors
- Give Referral to other resources
If you or your program are caring for children from birth to age 3 or are preparing to do so, contact the Infant Toddler Child Care Specialist program today.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to work with an infant toddler specialist? Nothing. Because of our funding through the Illinois Department of Human Services we are able to provide free services.
- Are your services connected to the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS)? No. We are not a regulatory program.
- Can you give me free toys to play with my children? No, we do not give away toys. But we would be glad to meet with you to talk about what toys you already have, ways to use them to creatively play with your children, and resources available to you to purchase other resources?
- Do you help child care programs complete their ExceleRate application? While we do offer support and quality coaching services to programs completing a Circle of Quality, we cannot complete your application for you.
- Do you provide trainings for licensed exempt, family child care or child care center staff? Yes. We provide trainings throughout the year including topics like: the Program for Infant and Toddler Care, brain development in young children, positive discipline, ITERS-R, and play and learning.