ATTENTION! Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) Parents and Providers.
There are now (2) two ways you can request forms electronically!
1) Online: Click the appropriate link below. Follow the instructions to select your form and then press “submit.”
*If you would like your form emailed to you, please complete an Email Agreement form.
2) By Phone: Call 312-823-1100
At the main menu:
- Parents: Go to the Parents Line, press #1, listen carefully, and follow the instructions
- Providers: Go to the Providers Line, press #1, listen carefully, and follow the instructions
- Provider Change
- Change of Information
- Change of Address
- Email Agreement
- W-9 Form
- Telephone Billing Agreement
- Debit Card Application
Child Care Application Form
Please read all instructions carefully. To help us serve you better, please make sure forms are filled out completely and legibly. Attach all necessary documentation (i.e. check stubs, school schedule) and keep a copy of all forms for your records.
In order to expedite processing of your application it is important that you read all documents in detail. It is also important that you submit a complete application that includes the required supporting documentation.* Please allow ten business days from the day of receipt for your application to be reviewed.
If you need assistance in completing the application or other documents please contact us for help.
Child Care Application Form
The Child Care Application is used when initially applying for child care or when a previous child care case is no longer active.
- Download and print a paper application here.
- Usted puede descargar e imprimir una solicitud en papel aquí.
A W-9 form is submitted to the Illinois Department of Human Services Comptroller office for processing. The provider must be approved by the State of Illinois to be compensated for services.
Under IDHS’ new Child Care Management System (CCMS), accessing Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) forms has changed. All CCAP forms, with the exception of applications, will be generated by the system. There are now multiple ways to requests forms:
- Online on the Illinois Action for Children website (see above)
- Dedicated kiosks at our Damen, Chatham and Lawrence Walk-In locations:
- Damen: Monday–Friday 8:30am-3:00pm
- Chatham: Monday–Wednesday 8:30am-3:00pm; Thursday 10:00am-5:30pm; Friday 8:30am-2:30pm
- Lawrence: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 3:15- 4:15
- Dedicated phone extension that can be accessed by calling our general line at 312.823.1100
*Please note that state authorized databases will be used to clarify information submitted to our offices. These databases include, but are not limited to, TANF, Child Support Enforcement, Wage Verification, birth records, Social Security Administration, employment security, Department of Labor, and Chicago Public Schools.