Teen Parent Project
The Teen Parent Project assists teen parents (19 years-of-age and younger) residing in Cook County with specialized services to ensure that child care does not become a barrier for them to remain in school.
We recognize the additional hardship teen parents may face as they seek to find balance between teen life itself, parenthood, and school. We offer special assistance to teens in an effort to ensure that child care does not become a barrier for them to remain in school. This service is offered FREE to teen parents 19 years old or younger living in Cook County.
Contact us by calling 312.823.1100. You will be connected with a well-equipped, professionally trained Child Care Consultant who will:
- Speak with you about your child care needs
- Discuss quality child care and options and answer questions
- Search for child care openings in the neighborhood of your choice
- Determine eligibility for the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
- Provide a packet of information that includes customized child care options (Please note these are referrals and not recommendations.)
- Keep in touch with you until you find a child care arrangement that works for you
- Link child care providers with additional services offered through Illinois Action for Children
- Mediate conversations between you and your child care provider regarding your CCAP Case
Click here to view our new and improved Baby Steps booklet that provides helpful hints for teen parents and parents-to-be.