Illinois Action for Children in collaboration with City of Chicago Mayor’s Office and Chicago Department of Public Health is excited to offer a series of child care pandemic webinars and town hall meetings. Our objective is to inform Chicago area programs of most recent COVID-19 information, case rates, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and public health guidelines and recommendations.
This webinar will examine what we know about COVID-19, transmission among adults and children, community spread and prevention reminders for staff. We will also review Chicago case and death rates by race and ethnicity, child care program and group capacity limits, in addition to steps managing and reporting COVID-19 cases in child care settings. Learning Objectives:
- Identify how COVID-19 is spread including case rates by race and ethnicity
- COVID-19 in children
- Preventative guidelines and recommendations
- Steps to take in managing a COVID-19 case in childcare
- How to report and notify close contacts of COVID-19 cases
Child care providers and staff with a current Gateways Registry Membership Number will receive 1 full hour of training credit after viewing this recorded webinar. Training credit will be automatically applied to your Professional Development Record (PDR) as no certificates will be mailed. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- You must view the webinar for the entire duration.
- You’ll have access to complete an assessment survey at the end of the webinar. Be sure to provide us with your full name and Gateways Registry Membership Number at the top of the assessment survey.
- Finally, complete the assessment survey in its entirety at the end of the webinar.
Event URL: https://events.bizzabo.com/covid-1/home