COVID-19 Information for IAFC Staff
Page updated: Friday, April 3, 2020
Please be safe!
Your health and safety are our top priority. IAFC remains in frequent contact with city and state leadership and partners, and our public and private funders, while also following the latest updates and guidelines from our Governor, the City of Chicago, and the CDC on safety precautions.
This page will serve as a repository for information and resources related to our work.
As you know we suspended operations at all of our locations effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, until Tuesday, March 31, 2020. We extended that date until April 7, 2020, in order to be consistent with Governor Pritzker’s Stay at Home Executive Order. On April 1, 2020, Governor Pritzker extended his Stay at Home Order and so we are extending, to the extent possible, the closure of our locations through the month of April.
- If you need help finding child care, our Enhanced Referral team is available to assist you. For more information, contact the Enhanced Referral Team at 312.823.1334 or contact Kanella Maniatis at ext. 8135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now that the Stay-at-Home order has been extended to April 30, 2020, IAFC will continue operating with as many staff working from and/or staying home to the greatest extent possible until the order is lifted.
Based on the stay-at-home mandates and guidelines for non-essential workers issued by the Governor’s Executive Order in response to COVID-19 (March 20, 2020), along with additional guidance from IDHS, it was determined that the work done for the Child Care Assistance Program is essential, making members of that team “essential workers”. CCAP payment entry is an essential function and therefore, the staff that perform these tasks are considered essential workers. To support the work associated with this function, a limited number of CCAP staff were called back to the Damen office on March 30, 2020, to continue to perform essential functions.
To help ensure the health and safety of essential CCAP staff who returned to work, a detailed workplan inclusive of social distancing and sanitization measures was prepared and approved by the Union.
At this point, all other work that can be done from home will continue throughout the Stay-at-Home order. We want to do our part to help decrease the spread of the virus.
ALL Illinois Action for Children staff will continue to be paid in full during the office closures. Please note the following specifics:
- All non-exempt (paid hourly) employees will continue to be on paid leave until Thursday, April 30, 2020, with the exception of those whose who have responsibilities deemed essential for business continuity. If your responsibilities have been deemed essential for business continuity, your supervisor will reach out to you directly to determine the appropriate approach.
- Exempt (salaried) employees with business-critical responsibilities are expected to work remotely, as outlined and discussed with your supervisor. During this closure, there may be times you will be asked to assist other programs.
- All Full Management employees are expected to work remotely and fulfill your normal job responsibilities to the full extent you are able through Thursday, April 30, 2020. There may be times you will be asked to assist other programs or travel to your work site to complete work.
- All part-time employees will be paid for their part-time work schedule during this closure.
- COVID -19 Exempt (salaried)/Full Management employee refusal to work In the situation where an Exempt (salaried)/Full Management employee with business-critical responsibilities refuses to work in their program area, assist another program area, or turns down temporary travel to their work site to complete work, they will be expected to use their PTO or be placed on non-paid status on the days not worked.
COVID-19/School Closure Related PTO
If time off is needed, we are allowing the following time usage options.
- Option 1: Medical Leave Bank
- Option 2: Personal Leave Bank
- Option 3: Paid Time Off Bank
- Option 4: Advance PTO (40 hrs. maximum) – staff that do not have accrued time in MBL, PLB or PTO would be eligible to receive an advance on PTO accrual.
*If you are an exempt and/or management employee and are unable to work remotely for any single day or days during this time, please work with your manager to discuss your PTO options.
If you need help finding child care, our Enhanced Referral team is available to assist you. For more information, contact the Enhanced Referral Team at 312.823.1334 or contact Kanella Maniatis at ext. 8135 or email@example.com.
COVID-19 QUARANTINE RELATED:
- COVID -19 Mandated Quarantine Staff members required to be quarantined due to COVID-19 for the 10-day period (this would include two weekends to make 14 days total) will not need to use time from any of the Leave Banks or their PTO. Medical documentation regarding the quarantine will be required in these situations.COVID -19 Voluntary Quarantine In the situation where a staff member or a member of their household MAY have been exposed to the virus, the staff member MAY be approved for work from home status. This approval will depend on job duties, information security, and other factors and handled on a case-by-case basis.
Currently, we are expected to remain closed through April 30, 2020, however we are continuing to monitor and assess the situation. To receive updates, call our Emergency Hotline at 312-823-1300. Please also be sure to add your mobile phone number to the emergency text hotline. http://bit.ly/EmergencyTextContacts
ACCESSING IAFC FACILITIES:
- During this time, IAFCs offices remain closed with the exception of restricted access to the Damen office. Access to that location is strictly limited to business-critical personnel. In order to reduce interpersonal contact, conserve limited disinfectant supplies, and allow for thorough cleaning, DO NOT come into the office without prior authorization from your manager.
- Personal packages CAN NOT be accepted at IAFC facilities while we are closed. Contact your shipper to arrange alternate delivery. DO NOT come into the office to retrieve personal packages.
- Please remove all food, personal belongings and any other items from your work area prior to leaving the office on March 17.
- The employee hotline 312.823.1300 will be updated no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, March 27, 2020.
IT Help Desk Support
- The IT Team will be working remotely starting on Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
- Support requests will be addressed remotely, which normally resolves the vast majority of issues.
- In cases where physical attention is required, a team member will either be dispatched to the site that day or will set up an appointment to meet at the site.
It is especially important during this time to submit all IT support requests to the Help Desk directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the IT Support Hotline at 773.564.8777 (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.). DO NOT call team members directly.
Remote VDI Access
Please review the Remote VDI Instructions Document. NOTE: Anyone with remote VDI access permissions CAN connect to VDI from most devices. You do not need to have an agency-issued laptop. You can connect to VDI from a home device, a tablet, or most other devices.
Outlook Web Access (OWA)
Most people can access Outlook without having to access VDI. You can access Outlook Web Access from any web browser. Go to: http://www.outlook.com/ and then enter your IAFC email address and password. This will take you to the latest version of OWA.
Mitel Access (Office Phone)
Mitel allows you to forward your office calls to your cell phone or another external number. This document walks you through the set-up process. Note: since most people may not have set this up before leaving their offices, you will not be able to follow the first part of the instructions which require you to be at your phone. In that case, email the Help Desk and indicate the number to which you would like to forward your calls, and someone will assist you.
Personal Cell Phones
For staff who do not have an assigned IAFC cell phone are now using their personal cell phones to complete work at home, reimbursement will apply. Department managers/supervisors will need to identify staff that is expected to use their cell phones to conduct work from home. A cell phone reimbursement form will be provided by the organization for completion and submitting.
If it has been determined that WiFi must be purchased for a staff member to complete work from home, and the organization did not provide a hotspot for the staff member, than the organization will consider reimbursement for WiFi cost during the period the staff work from home. The appropriate documentation will be required to process the reimbursement. If staff has existing WiFi and does not demonstrate increased expenses, no reimbursement will be issued.
Comcast Internet Essentials Program
Comcast has expanded the speed and availability of their Internet Essentials Program. If you need internet service at home but find it difficult to afford, visit the Internet Essentials website. The service is free for 60 days for new customers, normally $9.95/month. Read here for more information.
If you run into any issues notify the Help Desk at email@example.com or at 773.564.8777 (M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.).
Most of our Human Resources staff will be accessible by email and are working remotely. You should continue to contact the appropriate HR representative for any HR-related questions on topics such as benefits, recruitment, employee relations, training, and development.
Recruitment – Rumi Brambarova
Benefits – Sonia Lewis
Early Learning Human Resources – Chris Bohne
All other HR related questions – Nicole Watkins
The organization’s expense report should be completed and submitted with the appropriate documentation. The report and supportive documents can be scanned and emailed to your supervisor for review, approval and submitted to Finance, Jackie Zanders or the assigned member of the team.
IAFCs Marketing Team is working remotely. Please be sure to submit requests for marketing support through your team’s Marketing Liaison. If your Marketing Liaison is not currently working, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the marketing department is currently prioritizing COVID-19 related communications, of which there are many. Your patience is requested during this time. Please be VERY mindful of urgent requests and please allow as much lead time as possible for all requests.
Marketing and Finance are currently working on parameters regarding the purchasing of marketing collateral and promotional materials. We will update this page with additional information as soon as it is available.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND OTHER RESOURCES:
Check the following websites for additional information and the most up-to-date information:
- Perspectives Support Information [PDF] – Contact information for emotional support related to psychological anxiety, stress, and fears about our work and personal lives.
- Guidelines for Working Remotely [PDF]- Helpful information to aid you in creating a sense of understanding and awareness about what it means to work remotely.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Chicago Department of Public Health
- Illinois Action for Children Website
COVID-19 STAFF COMMUNICATIONS ARCHIVE: